|Hawkridge Books at The Rutland Arms Antique Centre, Bakewell.
We now rent a unit at The Rutland Arms Antique Centre, Bakewell, Derbyshire. The centre houses over 40 dealers on two floors, offering a good variety of quality antiques, such as silver, furniture, pottery, bronzes, glass, jewellery... We are on the first floor and have a unit with around 900 books in a variety of subjects. There is a coffee shop on the ground floor. So why not come along and browse our stock.
The Rutland Arms Antique Centre
D45 1 BT
01629 810468 More...
Web site upgrade
The web site has been refreshed, moved to a faster server and the option of on-line payment via PayPal added.
Please let us know if you encounter any difficulties in order that we can address them. In some circumstances you may still see some pages in the "old" format. More...
Terms and Conditions
Making A Purchase
- No enquiry or payment represents formation of a contract but is regarded as an offer to buy (in legal terms "an invitation to treat").
- An item may have already been sold. The shipping guide price may not represent the final shipping cost. There may have been an error in the pricing or computer program.
- The only way a contract can be formed is when we contact you to confirm that the correct payment has been received.
- Automated acknowledgement of payment from PayPal does not represent formation of a contract between Hawkridge Books and the purchaser.
- If a payment has been made but we are unable to fulfil the order we will refund the full amount paid promptly as full and final settlement.
Shipping And Handling
- Browse our books and click the Enquire link to add any items that you wish to enquire about or buy to your personal list.
- After you have finished your selection, complete your contact details and click on Enquire, PayPal or Pay By Cheque button on this page.
- We will answer any queries, confirm items are still in stock and advise of postage costs.
- We aim to respond to enquiries within two working days.
- If you wish to proceed straight to purchase, tick to agree our terms and conditions then click the PayPal button
- We accept Credit/Debit card payments through PayPal. You do not need a PayPal account to use PayPal.
- If you prefer to pay by cheque (in sterling) or bank transfer tick the "Cheque" button then "Send", we will contact you within two working days to arrange payment.
- If you have made a mistake in your order, contact us as soon as possible and we will endeavour to correct the mistake.
- In the case of a change of price, we will always contact you first to ensure that the price is acceptable.
- Delivery costs are based on sending a single book as this is the case for most specialist and antiquarian books.
- Multiple books on one order including multi-volume sets.
- If you are buying several books the automatically calculated shipping cost may be more than we need, in that case we will make a refund to your PayPal account.
- Multi volume sets are sold as a single stock item, in that case the delivery cost will be higher than automaticaly calculated, we will advise final cost before processing the order.
- Shipping costs are based on Royal Mail postage rates. Should we find an alternative carrier offering a worthwhile saving we will use that carrier.
- In the event of the final price being more than you have paid, we will contact you with an explanation. You then have the choice of making a further payment or requesting a refund.
- In the event of the final price being less than you have paid, we will proceed with shipping and refund the over-payment by PayPal.
- Tax Charges - For purchases from outside of the European Union the customer is responsible for any import duties or locally levied taxes.
- The quoted delivery cost includes a provision for packing materials, handling and possibly insurance.
- We aim to despatch your order on the next working day following receipt of your payment.
- Most goods will be sent by Royal Mail's small packet service: their aim is to deliver in two days across Western Europe, three days across Eastern Europe and four to six days outside Europe. For more remote areas please allow some extra time. For complete details of Royal Mail delivery times to your part of the world, you might like to visit www.royalmail.com. However, for larger packets we may use other carriers in order to minimise your costs.
- Royal Mail shipping zones
- You must inform us within seven working days if the goods are lost or damaged in transit so that we can make a prompt claim against the delivery company and correct the problem. Please quote your order number in all correspondence.
- Items may require that the recipient signs as proof of receipt.
- You agree that proof of delivery supplied by our delivery company is sufficient evidence to establish that goods have been received.
Credit Card Security
Using PayPal means that we never see any of your card details.
If you need to reach us, please email us using the link on the contact page, alternatively, you can call on 0114 268 9393 (International +44 (0)114 268 9393).
We do not disclose buyers' information to third parties.
Cookies are used on this site
a. Take and fulfil customer orders.
b. Administer and enhance the site and service.
Your rights to return goods are protected under the EU Distance Selling Directive.
If for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase please contact us. For faulty and damaged books we will provide a full refund. Unwanted goods may also be returned but in this case an administration charge will be made. Your statutory rights are not affected by this guarantee.